Helping Health Professionals Combat Stress & Increase Resilience
Around the world, health professionals are dealing with exceptionally high uncertainty and stress which has a detrimental impact on our physical and mental health. Stress creates a fight-or-flight reaction which keep us safe in the short term but chronic stress can lead to insomnia, anxiety, depression, burnout, heart disease, cancer, digestive problems, empathy fatigue and other relationship problems.
Transcendental Meditation (TM) is a scientific technique that is uniquely effective to counteract the negative effects of stress, restore our health and happiness and increase our resilience going forward. It is practiced by 6 Million people worldwide and in New Zealand more than 50,000 people have already learned this easy, pleasant mental technique.
He will discuss:
-How to recognise when your stress balance is out of balance
-Practical tips to restore your balance
-Unique, clinical benefits of Transcendental Meditation (TM) for faster recovery
The webinar is free but spaces are limited, so please reserve your seat by completing the form below.
What do Health Professionals who practice TM say?
Steve Townsend, retired NZ registered nurse
Sarah, Accidents and Emergency Doctor 11 days after learning TM
Dr. David Lovell-Smith, MBChB, Christchurch GP
Formal recognition from the medical world
Around the world, more and more health professionals are starting to prescribe TM as a tool to help patients and themselves manage stress. Watch the video below to see TVNZ’s Breakfast show report on this.
Dr. Norman Rosenthal, Psychiatrist, U.S. National Institutes of Mental Health
TM’s unique benefits are also getting more formal recognition from the medical world:
- The RNZCGP endorsed an expert TM seminar for CME credit
- American nurses get CME credit to learn the TM technique
- The Belgian government reimburses 30% of the TM fee to prevent burn-out
- The American VA fully pays the TM course for veterans with PTSD
- In Switzerland, insurance provider Swica partially reimburses TM
- According to the American Heart Association, the Transcendental Meditation technique is the only meditation practice that has been shown to lower blood pressure and is recommended to be prescribed by doctors.Ref.Brook RD et al., Beyond Medications and Diet: Alternative Approaches to Lowering Blood Pressure. A Scientific Statement from the American Heart Association. Hypertension, 61:00, 2013. The AHA statement said: “Because of many negative studies or mixed results and a paucity of available trials, all other meditation techniques [including Mindfulness] received a ‘Class III, no benefit, Level of Evidence C’ recommendation. Thus, other meditation techniques are not recommended in clinical practice to lower BP at this time. The AHA scientific statement also reported the finding that lower blood pressure through Transcendental Meditation practice is associated with substantially reduced rates of death, heart attack and stroke. The AHA scientific statement concludes that alternative treatments that include the Transcendental Meditation technique are recommended for consideration in treatment plans for all individuals with blood pressure greater than 120/80 mm Hg.”
What does the scientific research say?
More than 350 scientific studies from top universities like Harvard have been published in leading scientific journals the past 50 years documenting these TM benefits, including decreased cortisol Ref.Journal of Neural Transmission Vol 39,1976, pp 257-267, improved sleep quality Ref.Anxiety, Stress and Coping: An International Journal 6:245-262,1993, reduced anxiety Ref.Journal of Clinical Psychology 45: 957-974, 1989, reduced depressionRef.Journal of Clinical Psychology 45: 957-974, 1989, reduced burnout Ref.Education 131: 556-564, 2011, reduced blood pressure Ref.Hypertension 26: 820-827,1995, reduced hospitalizations Ref.Psychosomatic Medicine 49: 493-507, 1987 (-87% for heart diseases, -55% for cancer), improved relationships Ref.Anxiety, Stress and Coping: An International Journal 6:245-262,1993 etc.
See here for the top 200 TM research charts and references or contact us if you have specific research questions.
Transcending = Easy to do
Many people have tried some form of meditation and have found it difficult to do. The good news is that TM is very different. It is a very simple, natural and effortless technique, that doesn’t require any concentration or controlling of the mind. TM is taught individually by highly trained teachers and this personal coaching makes it very easy to learn.
The technique is also easy to integrate in your daily routine as it is only practiced for 20 minutes twice a day, it is not religious, does not require any changes in lifestyle, does not require any difficult postures and can be done anywhere, including on the bus or train on the way to work.
Learn Transcendental Meditation in Tauranga
6 Edith Way, Matua, Tauranga Click here for map
FREE TM INTRO TALKS
The Lectures are free. Please register below.
Tauranga TM Intros
6 Edith Way, Matua, Tauranga